Thursday, July 8, 2010

Food + Photos: Brick & Bottle


Mmmm ... duck confit


After I wrote about the new restaurant Brick & Bottle in Corte Madera last May, I couldn't stop thinking about trying their "modern takes on classic cocktails." And of course the whole local and sustainable comfort food concept is enough needed to draw me in. So, I couldn't pass up a recent media dinner.


I drank a Moscow Mule (at left). I was excited because it shares the name of the Idaho town I went to college in (oh, and the spot in Russia too). In it is vodka, lime, mint, maraschino and ginger beer. I loved it. Brett had the Ward Eight - rye, lemon, orange, grenadine, bitters. They were both $9.


Appetizer: Smoke gouda orzo mac & cheese. It tasted best eaten with the tomato jam and chives on top. ($9)


Amazing: Duck confit thin crust pizza with caramelized onions and fontina cheese. Staff said this is one of the most popular dishes. We loved it. So much. ($12)


Alaskan halibut ($18)


Brownie with its fixings


We discovered that everything was quite dependent on the combination of ingredients and sauces. Humble chef Scott Howard told us he usually changes the menu every day, depending on what he can find locally and new ideas he comes up with. He really wants it to be a family-friendly hangout spot. The restaurant is young and seems to still be finding its footing (hence the changing menu) and similarly, the wait staff is friendly but still learning. I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on the spot and seeing how (and if) it changes.

It's open for lunch and dinner, plus offers a midday menu (that would coincide nicely with happy hour). Stopping by for a drink and duck confit pizza would definitely be worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment