Thursday, July 1, 2010

Photos + Food: Sushi 69

Marin Foodie Doug Levy might be right about Sushi 69. The day after reading his blog post I had the perfect opportunity (Brett took me on a date) to go to the small San Anselmo sushi spot.
So glad we went.


My favorite - Hiro's Roll. Spicy tuna, avocado, fresh salmon over light ponzu sauce.
All my favorite ingredients and a small roll size my little mouth appreciates. ($13)


Takeshi roll. Shrimp tempura, spicy scallops, avocado and cucumber. On top is tuna and shiso leaf. Turns out I'm a big fan of shiso leaf. ($15)


Explosion roll. (Right, huh?) Yellow tail, scallop, the perfect amount of jalapeño and fish roe.
On top is fried onion. ($11)

We also had hot sake (trying to keep the feeling of our March trip to Japan alive), as well as fresh hamachi nigiri. I almost ordered green tea ice cream. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment